About the Book
Learn why bad decisions happen to good managers—and how to make better ones.
If you read nothing else on decision making, read these 10 articles. We’ve combed through hundreds of articles in the Harvard Business Review archive and selected the most important ones to help you and your organization make better choices and avoid common traps.
Leading experts such as Ram Charan, Michael Mankins, and Thomas Davenport provide the insights and advice you need to:
- Make bold decisions that challenge the status quo
- Support your decisions with diverse data
- Evaluate risks and benefits with equal rigor
- Check for faulty cause-and-effect reasoning
- Test your decisions with experiments
- Foster and address constructive criticism
- Defeat indecisiveness with clear accountability
Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, 11 international licensed editions, books from Harvard Business Review Press, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review provides professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.