About the Book
The #1 Chinese self-study course on the market is now available with online audio! Designed for the beginner who has no previous knowledge of Chinese, this guide provides 10 easy-to-follow lessons that cover the basics of the language and can be mastered during the equivalent of one academic semester for adults. Students will be able to start speaking and communicating in Mandarin immediately!
Spoken by over 900 million people worldwide, Mandarin Chinese is the standard dialect for business and trade in China, one of the six official languages of the United Nations, and the world’s most widely spoken language.
Ideal for those new to Chinese, learning at home or in the classroom, Beginner’s Chinese (Mandarin) with Online Audio includes:
- Ten carefully-paced and practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and expressions
- A Chinese-English glossary of vocabulary used in the book
- Additional exercises for teaching stroke order and writing skills
- An index providing traditional character equivalents
- Technology sections on how to read and write Chinese characters on a computer
- Comprehensive section on Internet Resources for students to supplement their study of Chinese
- Online MP3 audio files for download featuring pronunciation by professional voice actors from Beijing